Buying a Business
Bottom Line Management, Inc. (BLM), an experienced business brokerage firm based in Atlanta, Georgia, understands that buying a business is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make – whether you are an investor or an individual buyer interested in running and growing your own company. BLM has in-depth professional knowledge as well as a keen understanding of current market conditions that may affect your purchase.
Finding the Right Business
Bottom Line Management, Inc. (BLM) will help you select the right business in the right location and at the right price. We have the tools to find a company that best suits your needs – so you can take control of your own destiny.
Bottom Line Management, Inc. (BLM) helps motivated buyers select the right business in the right location and at the right price. We have the tools to find a company that best suits your needs – so you can take control of your own destiny.
BLM works with you to determine how and if your strengths and interests align with similar businesses for sale. Preparation is the key to success. BLM will help with the following steps:
Define your goals
Outline your goals and capabilities upfront and determine what you hope to gain from your new business. Ask yourself:
- What do I enjoy doing the most?
- Do I have the interpersonal skills to work well with clients and employees?
- Am I technically skilled in this area?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- Am I motivated to do whatever it takes to make my business successful?
- Do I have a business plan with achievable goals?
Get your finances in order
Put together a comprehensive Personal Financial Statement and be sure that your bank records, tax returns and personal bookkeeping are up-to-date. Likely, you will need any or all of this documentation at your fingertips.
With Bottom Line Management, Inc. (BLM) on your team, you can rest assured that the search and purchase process is handled professionally and in complete confidentiality. We help you determine the correct strategy, tailored to your needs. BLM is uniquely qualified to assist you throughout the buying process, beginning with creating a solid buying strategy.
BLM will help:
- Find the right fit: BLM has experience in more than 200 industries. We guide you in how to research prospective sellers in order to target the right business fit.
- Create a business plan: Before making an offer, know your goals. With clear objectives, you will have clear direction during negotiations, and you will have a plan of action from day one of ownership.
- Put in an offer: BLM works with you to craft an attractive offer. We are skilled negotiators and can get you under contract quickly and at the best price.
- Complete due diligence: Prior to closing, examine the books and records of the company you wish to purchase. We encourage you to work with a CPA during this process to ensure a clear picture of the company’s financial health.
- Close the deal: BLM works with you through the closing to ensure that all the necessary paperwork is in order and that the business has seamlessly transitioned to you.
- Make the transition: BLM negotiates a typical training and transition period with the former owners of the business. This period generally lasts about four weeks.
- Let BLM help you evaluate your business strengths (and weaknesses, if any) – and ultimately, find the perfect business match for you.
- BLM will explore all possible marketing channels and methods, even sound out competitors, while maintaining complete confidentiality.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us by completing the online form below or call:(770) 977-7334.